at WSFS Bank
Job DescriptionPosition type: Full-time
Location: Delaware, Maryland, New York, Minneapolis
Schedule: Monday – Friday
The Corporate Trust Relationship Manager will be primarily responsible for managing a book of accounts, onboarding new transactions, closing new transactions while ensuring compliance with all Bank and Corporate Trust policies and procedures. The Associate is expected to complete various account administration activities of moderate complexity and risk, and have strong knowledge of the products, processes, and procedures. The Associate will be expected to promote a team culture and to work closely with other Relationship Managers, administrators, and support areas.
- Responsible to manage a book of accounts by performing all duties required under the governing documents, responsible to develop and maintain client relationships and provide an excellent customer experience. Associate is responsible for all aspects of account administration and may handle moderate to complex accounts.
- The associate will be responsible for managing the complete closing of new transactions by reviewing and negotiating governing documents; closing coordination activities; discussing open issues with counsel and client; actively eliciting information to comprehend customer needs.
- Providing leadership, training, and guidance to Corporate Trust administrators.
- Ensure client satisfaction leading to retention and referrals by resolving any account issues and providing prompt response to inquiries. Be sensitive and responsive to both internal and external clients; collaborate and influence clients and centers of influence.
- Identify business risks and operational challenges and take steps to mitigate risk to enhance processes.
- Contribute to the short term and long-term strategies to assist in meeting certain revenue and expense goals.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of policies and procedures. Adhere to the internal risk and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated successful track record in Corporate Trust.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite is required. Knowledge of SEI Trust 3000 is a plus.
- Experience reading and interpreting governing documents.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and innovatively in a fast-paced deadline driven environment while making sound decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, be open to change and demonstrate flexibility.
- Strong knowledge of corporate trust products, and related bank and regulatory regulations.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to organize workflow.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.