at The Timken Company in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Power Systems, Philadelphia Gear brand, is seeking an Shop Supervisorbased out ofNew Castle, DE regional service center. The purpose of the Shop Supervisor position is to manage and lead the activities of a multi-disciplined team in accomplishing the goals and objectives of operations and supply chain. This position will provide leadership and direction in analyzing and developing solutions with regard to operational issues including, but not limited to, business planning, safety and environmental performance, quality performance, capital project management, facilities management, customer focus, fixed and variable costs, process development, and continuous improvement. This position has 10 operative direct reports.
- Provide input and ownership for all operations and supply chain issues.
- Develop, implement, and execute business plan strategy, tactics, and metrics to support and measure the goals for EH&S, OTD, capital projects, facilities maintenance, customer focus, and cost.
- Lead, develop, and mentor department managers and factory floor leadership aligning, motivating, and gaining commitment through open communication and acting with ethics and integrity.
- Maintain accessibility to all associates, on an individual basis, for the purpose of reviewing and resolving team issues or conflicts.
- Develop an environment where goal-directed teams can achieve high performance levels through effective team skills, team empowerment, communication methods, and associate cooperation.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to create and uphold organizational policies and procedures regarding operational practices and conduct.
- Lead and develop a continuous improvement culture centered on lean principles, lean leadership and cost reduction practices.
- Lead and develop goals and tactics to reduce workplace injuries and improve environmental performance creating a safe environment.
- Ensure customer focus is established in all activities.
- Ensure proper product/ process flow from suppliers to customers within our supply chain function.
- Lead and develop strategies to manage the reduction of costs, improve labor productivity, improve machine efficiency, and elimination of waste.
- Oversight of daily performance output against standards throughout the plant.
- Manage the daily relationship/ interactions with IAM leadership. Enforce work rules.
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Must be motivated and willing to be challenged on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills within all facets of the service center: Operations, Customer Service, Engineering, Supply Chain and Management.
- Successful management of salaried and operative associates.
- Combination of strong academic and practical experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively with diverse and cross functional work groups.
- 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Management is required, 10 years preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience in Manufacturing,...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity