at Benedictine Programs and Services in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Team Leader, the Custodian is responsible for performing janitorial duties in buildings on campus and in the community at cleaning contract locations, as required.
- Consistently report to work on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period/shift.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Report all injuries and work place accidents to supervisor on a timely basis.
- Empty all trash cans, replace liners, and clean receptacles as necessary.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish and buff floors.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clear, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Ensure proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment at all times.