at Benedictine Programs and Services in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
The Human Resources Coordinator plays an instrumental role in facilitating and assisting in a wide variety of HR functions including compliance, onboarding, and employee benefits. The processing of these tasks will take place through benefits portals and Benedictine's HRIS. The Coordinator serves as the primary resource for our benefits programs including administration, enrollment, and communications with employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative/Compliance focus:
- Consistently report to work on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period.
- Coordinate and complete pre-hire sessions including scheduling, sending pre-hire documentation, and creation of pre-hire session.
- Complete date entry related to pre-hire sessions in Benedictine's HRIS and applicable websites, including background screenings, certifications, communication, etc.
- Create accurate personnel, audit and medical/benefits file set up for new hires.
- Create accurate new hire document packets, both electronic and hard copy when needed.
- Benefits focus:
- Administer all employee insurance and benefits programs, including coordinating with providers, enrolling and terminating employee coverages, assisting employees with questions and concerns, and resolving service issues as they arise.
- Assist with and monitor all data entry related to insurance and benefits participation, from hire through termination.
- Audit benefits billing from providers.
- Track Evidence of Insurability forms.
- Coordination of annual open enrollment including enrollment setup within HRIS module, communication of pertinent dates throughout organization, benefit education, of new benefit options, etc.
- Complete all routine and ad hoc benefits reporting and audits, including participation date and ACA reporting, annual 1095s, bi-annual 5500 reporting, annual Health & Wellness audit and compliance testing.
- Distribute required information to employees to be in regulatory compliance for plans offered.
- Process 403(b) deferral changes on provider website and in HRIS and administration of hardship withdrawals.
- Create, compile, and present benefit materials for new hires, new practices, and newly eligible staff.
- Schedule, manage and promote onsite visits by benefits providers.
Assist with providing requested documentation and reports for annual audits for the 403(b) and Health & Wellness plans.