at Delaware Park in WILMINGTON, Delaware, United States
Job Title: Track Maintenance Crew (FT)
Category: Racing Operations
Type of Assignment: Regular
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Rate Unit: Hour
- Creates and ensures a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
- Responsible to boom truck and water truck on racetrack only.
- Responsible to operate small dump trucks, tractors and other maintenance vehicles as necessary.
- Responsible to observe and enforce all safety guidelines.
- Responsible for reading, observing, enforcing and understanding all safety rules for safe operation for each piece of equipment.
- Must use sound judgment when using equipment around the horses.
- Displays a courteous and helpful attitude at all times when dealing with the public and Builds Rewarding Relationships
- Communicate (both written and verbal) with and promote positive team member and guest relations.
- Maintain professionalism at all times when working with other team members and/or guests.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year previous equipment operations experience (tractors, water trucks, dump trucks, boom trucks).
- Prior experience with small hand tools, a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required, CDL license preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete the background check.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) lbs. without difficulty.
- Ability to bend, reach, pull, push, kneel, squat and grasp as needed.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Assignments covering large areas with long walking distances, Work areas could have high volumes, diverse clientele, and noise.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management is mandatory.
- Must be able to wear and appear comfortable in the assigned uniform provided by Delaware Park.
- Must be able to work in all weather elements including extreme heat, cold, and precipitation.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the necessary functions of this position.