at Benedictine Programs and Services in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
The Foundation Development Specialist will research, identify and write grant proposals to private, state and federal funding sources. This position will manage the outreach efforts for planned giving including researching and preparing communication with planned giving donors/prospects and engaging with donors/prospects. They will participate in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, the annual appeal, and special event initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently report to workk on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period/shift.
- Manage the grants process, from research through tracking use of funds awarded.
- Research grant opportunities and develop/nurture strong relationships with grant makers, including attending meetings, seminars and workshops.
- Review potential grantor requirements and guidelines.
- Create proposals based on stated requirements and submit approved grant requests for consideration.
- Administer grant awards in accordance with various regulations and ensure compliance with grants guidelines
- Develop tracking tools and coordinates documentation associated with grants, related contracts and compliance including operational and statistical reports.
- Identify and help resolve compliance issues related to grant award requirements.
- Serve as liaison with other departments specific to grant-related information.
- Orchestrate planned giving program including donor prospect and research.
- Generate various planned giving proposals (charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, etc.)
- Create and work with CAO to send out monthly Planned Giving e-newsletter.
- Create and work with CAO to execute targeted planned giving outreach.
- Develop relationships with smaller planned gift donors, including through in-person meetings
- Maintain and update all associated marketing materials such as Crescendo on-line tri-fold, Estate Planning Guide, planned giving section of website
- Coordinate and send thank you gifts to legacy society members.
- Support the planning, coordination and execution of activities for fundraising events, campaigns and solicitations including the annual fund.
- Make Annual Fund solicitation calls.
- Manages assigned donor relations processes and projects.
- Perform necessary database hygiene tasks and maintain the integrity of the database going forward.
- Create new donor welcome note. Generate new donor report in DonorPerfect each month and sends note to those on the list.
- Co-create Constant Contact emails for fundraising appeals, event invitations/post-event highlights, and Benedictine updates. Review bounced and un-subscribed statistics after each mailing, updating donor records in Constant Contact and DonorPerfect as needed.
- Solicit in-kind donations for multiple annual events.
- Assist with marketing and graphic design projects, website and social media edits/updates, and pre/post event correspondence tasks associated with fundraising efforts.