at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
Do you want to work at one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation?
Our amazing Pharmacy Team dispenses approximately 6,200,000 individualized patient doses per year, as well as 170,000 retail/mail order prescriptions. We provide medications that are safe and efficacious.
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most meaningful decisions. ChristianaCare has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health. Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
The Christiana Retail Outpatient Pharmacy Department is currently recruiting for a full-time Pharmacy Technician to work Day Shift. Applicants must have flexible scheduling and be able to work at all three Retail Outpatient Pharmacy Department sites. Applicants will be required to work weekends as required. No holidays are required.
Locations: The Wilmington Hospital Outpatient Retail Pharmacy operates Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5pm. The Christiana Outpatient Retail Pharmacy operates Monday through Friday 8am-6pm & 9am-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The Mail Order Pharmacy operates Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5pm.
- Fill patient prescriptions to include data entry, insurance billing, and appropriate labeling and packaging, for pharmacist verification.
- Assist the pharmacist in providing timely, efficient, cost effective, and appropriate pharmaceutical care to the patient
- Make medication credit and charge adjustments via the computer system
- Ensuring any extra medication is returned to stock
- Reorder medications in short supply to restock the pharmacy
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Answer telephone and greets personnel coming into the pharmacy in a courteous and friendly manner
- Provides necessary information regarding patient drug orders
- Refers problems and drug information inquiries to the pharmacist as required
- Orients and trains new pharmacy personnel
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification through PTCB is required.
- At least one year of pharmacy technician experience required
- Experience with McKesson Enterprise application preferred
- Previous pharmacy experience is preferred
- Knowledge of generic and trade names of formulary drugs
- Ability to type and perform basic math calculations
- Computer experience preferred
- Excellent customer service is a required
- Ability to handle high volume
Incredible Work/Life benefits including medical/dental/ vision insurance coverage on your first day of employment, paid PTO, retirement plans, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
If you 're inspired to make a difference, we invite you to become a ChristianaCare caregiver.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.