at Agilent Technologies in Newport, Delaware, United States
JOB TITLE – Column Loading Operators
We have an open position at our Newport, Delaware site where we manufacture High Performance Liquid Chromatography columns. We are looking for a highly motivated operator to work in our
Production Department on 2nd shift (2:45pm-11:15pm). The successful candidate will be working as part of an operations team, assembling, loading and testing HPLC columns. We offer a competitive starting
salary around $17/hour with an additional 10% shift allowance and the option to work overtime as needed. An excellent benefits package including four weeks’ vacation the first year, health, dental and
eye care, 401K plan, as well as HSA plan.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Manufacturing assembly of HPLC columns. Tasks will include assembling, filling, measuring,
mixing, testing and verifying performance.
• No previous experience with HPLC columns or in the science field required. Initial on the job training will last about 2-4 weeks. The ideal candidate is a responsible, self-motivated individual who can work well with teams and individually.
• In addition to the above, all Agilent employees are expected to:
• Provide feedback to supervisor and team lead on safety, quality, interpersonal and process related issues.
• Actively participate and contribute to continual improvement
• Maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed work area. Practice good safety and environmental habits and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
• Demonstrate and promote Agilent values.
• Ability to assemble parts: High level of manual dexterity and attention to detail.
• Teamwork: demonstrated ability to work with others to accomplish a common goal.
• Flexibility: demonstrated ability to adjust rapidly and effectively to change and remain open to
• Demonstrated ability to bend, reach, stoop and remain standing for extended periods of time
(up to 6-8 hours per day).
• Basic computer skills.
• 2+ years manufacturing/production experience preferred