at WSFS Bank
Job DescriptionPosition type: Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE
Schedule: Monday – Friday
The Corporate Insurance Manager will serve as the subject-matter expert on the Bank’s Corporate Insurance Program, including policies, coverage, and claims, and serve as the primary point of contact for the Bank’s Insurance broker(s). The Corporate Insurance Manager will support the enterprise and be responsible for maintaining and enhancing all insurance-related aspects of the organization aligned with the Bank’s continued growth and complexity while providing oversight and guidance on contracts to understand and minimize risk to the Bank and its Customers. The Corporate Insurance Manager will be responsible for building out the Corporate Risk Insurance Program at WSFS from strategic and tactical perspectives managing the 40+ unique policies with multi-million-dollar annual premiums, and integrating the Program across the enterprise.
Routine responsibilities include, but are not limited to, filing insurance claims, providing requested documentation for existing claims, completing of insurance renewal applications, and maintaining insurance files across executive risk, crime, and property/casualty insurance Programs and perspective(s).
- Actively remain up to date on market occurrences to make effective recommendations to mitigate potential impacts and risks based on bank, industry, and macro-environment events and trends
- Maintain existing brokerage relationships and oversee annual policy renewal process, including strategy design, renewal application completion, broker guidance on carrier negotiation, coverage benchmarking, and renewal recommendations
- Take an immersive approach to educate Business Lines on Corporate Insurance Program, applicable policies, and risk to mitigate long-term risk; Ensure Program aligns with evolving Business Line needs
- Build out strategic reporting such as quarterly reports on claim status and relation to coverage, and Annual Reporting
- Effectively present quarterly and annual findings to Executives, Enterprise Risk Committee, the Board, and otherwise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent combination of education and similar experience managing corporate insurance risk is required.
- Must have robust business analysis and assessment capabilities, effectively apply business analyst methodology, and enforce best practices to major business principles, processes, and technologies.
- Must possess a self-starter mindset and curiosity towards current happenings in the macro-environment and the subsequent effects on the Banking industry. Must use this knowledge to make recommendations on the Bank’s insurance policies and practices.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit to design and implement an effective corporate insurance risk program.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to collect, analyze and present data and effectively lead discussions.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft applications and knowledge of software applications, such as Tableau and Power BI
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in an Insurance Risk capacity, preferably in a Bank or broker/carrier firm
- Experience working in or closely with the broker/carrier industry is preferred
- Relevant certifications such as Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Management Liability Insurance Specialists (MLIS) are a plus
- Experience with compiling and analyzing data and efficiently and effectively presenting findings to large groups
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please get in touch with us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.