at KinderCare Education LLC in Newark, Delaware, United States
Working with KinderCare Learning Companies means using your outstanding talents to help set the foundation for lifelong learners, where you can collaborate with colleagues, grow and learn, and positively impact the families we serve.
With over 50 years of experience, 30,000 employees, and more than 2,000 early learning center programs, we are the most accredited leaders in early childhood education. Together, we create environments where kids grow and thrive. As one of only four companies to receive the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award six times, we're confident that you can grow and thrive here, too. We can't wait to meet you.
Want to feed the tiniest of taste buds? KinderCare is hiring a cook! As a cook, you will prepare healthy and tasty meals and snacks for the children in our centers. Following a menu and recipes developed by our in-house nutritionist, you'll ensure our children have the fuel they need to learn and grow.
When you join our team as a Cook you will:
- Maintain kitchen and related equipment safely and hygienically
- Order food and supplies
- Dispense and store medication, as requested
- Complete timely and accurate documentation according to KinderCare and other licensing or regulation requirements
- Help with and take on responsibility in other daily center duties, as needed
- Support your center's success by partnering with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement
Required Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with accurate conditions and food storage, understand the needs of children with food allergies, and to implement methods of food cross-contamination avoidance.
- Ability to follow nutritious menus and prepare sufficient quantity of foods for center population
- Basic math skills required for measuring and calculating serving portions
- Possess a Food Handler's License or willingness to obtain
- At least one year of institutional cooking -- food ordering experience highly desirable
- Two or more years working with children, highly desirable
- Be physically able to use the computer with basic proficiency and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds is strongly desired and may be required to work in some classrooms or in the kitchen.
- Read, write, understand, and speak English to communicate with children and their parents in English
Our benefits meet you where you are. We're here to help our employees navigate the integration of work and life:
- Know your whole family is supported with discounted child care benefits.
- Breathe easy with medical, dental, and vision benefits for your family (and pets, too!).
- Feel supported in your mental health and personal growth with employee assistance programs.
- Feel great and thrive with access to health and wellness programs, paid time off and discounts for work necessities, such as cell phones.
- ... and much more.
When you work at a KinderCare Learning Center, each new day is an adventure. You will have the opportunity to directly impact our students and families, encouraging them to become lifelong learners and experiencing all the happiness that comes with it. You will deliver our high-quality proprietary curriculum and apply our time-tested educational techniques, while exploring new, forward-thinking ideas.
As the first national early childcare education provider to achieve the WELL Health-Safety Rating from the International WELL Building Institute, we continue to follow the latest science-backed and...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity