at GT USA Wilmington in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Heavy Equipment Workshop Supervisor
Responsible for delegating, and overseeing maintenance and repairs on ALL mobile plant and workshop-related tasks under the guidance of the mobile fleet manager.
1. Assures all shop operations are performed safely, following OSHA guidelines.
2. Leads a team of union mechanics in the repair and servicing of all the Port Mobile Equipment consisting of a fleet of:
· Forklift trucks, clamp trucks, terminal hustlers, top loaders, reach stackers and multi trailers/bomb carts
· Utility vehicles to include pickups, cars, buses etc.
· Facility maintenance equipment such as articulated lifts, bobcats, broom sweeper, lighting plants, compactors etc.
· Warehouse equipment to include scrubbers, sweepers etc.
· Snow management equipment such as dump truck, brine dispenser, salt truck, plough truck, front end loaders
3. Assesses the maintenance needs for equipment and parts required and determines whether they can be repaired in-house, to be sent to an external entity or to be retired.
4. Maintains records of all maintenance activities performed and oversees budget accounting of machines, tools, and equipment to monitor and control mobile plant assets.
5. Supervises the mobilization/demobilization of machines and equipment as per project requirements.
6. Ensures CMMS is completed daily while complying with agreed procedures.
7. Coordinates and manages the on and off-hiring of 3rd part rentals, including inspections.
8. Coordinates the annual registration and insurance of all vehicles required to use public roads.
9. Supervises Asset condition survey on units when required and makes a recommendation for repairs, major overhaul, or retirement.
· Responsible for the efficient and safe methods of work in the workshop and around the Port.
· Plans and supervises day to day workshop tasks, developing work schedules, periodic preventive maintenance plans and programs.
· Ensures high quality standards are maintained in the workshop in terms of providing technical support and the efficient operation of workshop tools and machinery.
· Manages the upkeep of machinery and vehicles, fixtures, and workshop premises for efficient and safe operation.
· Prioritizes work and adjusting the work schedule according to availability of materials, workshop equipment and related costs.
· Manages the performance of all their team members and make recommendation to improve performance irrespective of their designation.
· Coordinates with external maintenance & repair vendors as required.
· Utilizes Purchase Order Systems for all parts and services spend.
· Provides periodic reporting as required.
· Develop and manage annual budget.
· Performs other duties as required.
Quality, Health and Safety, and Environment
· Strict adherence to the Company’s policies, procedures, applicable laws, and regulations to protect and maintain the health and safety of oneself, others, and the environment adopted by the Company.
· Strict adherence to OSHA regulations
Promptly reports any possible violations of the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures.