at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
Operate Tractor –Trailer combination between Company/Customer facilities, in order to pick up and deliver freight in a legal, safe, timely, and efficient manner to include drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and unloading at various locations, as assigned. The expectation for this position, the driver will be away from home domicile for an extended period of time, unless otherwise directed by management. Driver is expected to perform above duties in a professional manner at all times as he/she is a representative of the Perdue Farms Brand.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maneuver and deliver/backhaul truck loads of product and materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
- Observe and maintain all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle inspections, load inspections, and securing load. To include utilizing electronic logging device (paper logs when needed), on board vehicle tracking system in efficient manner.
- Operate a tractor and trailer in a legal/safe manner consistent with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company policies. To include the utilization of all on board safety features.
- Complete and submit all Company paperwork to include but not limited to manifest, bill of lading, proof of delivery pay envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
- As assigned, the physical process of loading and unloading of product may be required.
- Responsible for seal integrity and the reporting of an accurate /verified case count and condition of product during deliveries