at CDM Smith in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith is seeking an IT Business Analyst – Oracle Projects to join our Corporate Business Technology team. The candidate should have a strong background in Oracle Projects Suite – Project Management, Project Financials, Project Costing, Budget Planning, and Project Contract Billing. Experience with integrating Oracle Projects to EcoSys a plus.
This role’s primary function is as a Business Analyst partnering with the Finance and Contract Administration/Billing departments as the Oracle Projects subject matter expert with respect to functionality, configurations, process, and analytics within the Oracle EBS or Cloud Platform. This position develops business processes and workflows, engages in application design, configuration, testing and implementation.
This role is open to remote work option and is required to work east coast hours.
• Designs, develops, and implements basic to moderately complex IT architecture projects. Executes project tasks against an established project schedule, and reviews ongoing project status with IT management identifying unexpected key events. Maintains client relationships.
• Under general supervision, performs basic to moderately complex business analysis, process mapping, and/or develops work products/artifacts under moderate supervision.
• Performs requirements gathering, system design, prototyping, system integration testing, system installation, and deployment of business system(s).
• Assist the development team in helping to build, configure and test integrations between Oracle and third party/custom solutions.
• Consults with other IT groups, provides business system knowledge and expertise as required. Provides user and application support for escalated IT issues.
• Provides support/guidance to the subject matter experts in design, testing and training and business process.
• Reviews test cases and test results with the business and technical teams.
• Supports the Oracle system and serves as liaison with Oracle and/or maintenance support team.
• Performs other duties as required.
IT Business Analyst – Oracle Projects (Remote)
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 3 years of related experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Highly preferred experience implementing the following Oracle Fusion ERP Cloud or Oracle EBS modules: Project Management; Project Financials or Project Costing; Budget Planning; or Project Contract Billing.
• Experience with integrating Oracle Projects to EcoSys a plus.
• Experience with configuring Federal Joint Ventures a plus.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws as they relate to Finance policies and processes. Including, but not limited to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Experience using Oracle reporting tools such as BI Publisher, Financial Reporting Studio, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence, or other data analytics tools.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of enterprise information systems implementation and integrations, in the areas of Oracle Project modules.
• Proven Business Analysis knowledge and experience. Ability to meet with the business and document requirements concisely.
• Knowledge and experience in process mapping and workflow.
• Solid knowledge of project management and business analysis best practices.
• Strong knowledge Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Visio.
• Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to effectively manage discussions including communicating requirements to a wide range of audiences.
• Excellent organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Possesses strong analytical skills, good listening skills with ability to effectively work with others.
• Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy-to-understand business terms.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job applica