at CDM Smith in Smyrna, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith is an engineering and construction firm delivering legendary service, smart solutions for the environment and infrastructure, and an unmatched experience for our clients and employees. Our firm works with clients around the world to implement solutions to meet current and future needs. The successful candidate will have experience with large surface water treatment plant processes and operations, commissioning, start-up, validation and performance testing, and training operations and maintenance personnel.
This position will need to be located in Houston, TX to support work in the area.
As a member of our Infrastructure Services Group, you could contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Communicating and meeting with clients and contractors to accomplish project goals and requirements.
- Advising and consulting with clients to improve their facility treatment processes operation and maintenance performance.
- Supervising and developing standard operations/maintenance procedures and O&M manuals.
- Supervising and participating in the collection and analysis of operations and maintenance data and equipment condition assessments.
- Developing and executing commissioning plans.
- Monitoring project budgets and schedules, and instituting project cost control measures.
- Assisting in preparation of proposals and other business development efforts.
- Supervising, coordinating, and reviewing the work of a small staff of operations and maintenance specialists.
Operations Specialist 6
- Associate’s degree or technical school certificate. Class III operator certification as water, wastewater and/or industrial plant operator.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Two-year degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive knowledge of surface water treatment processes and equipment.
- Strong consulting and advisory experience in the operation and maintenance of large surface water treatment plant operations to meet water quality and regulatory requirements.
- Commissioning experience in water facilities.
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to write reports and standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, electrical, mechanical and instrumentation and controls.
- Texas Class B Surface Water Treatment license or the ability to obtain.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare written technical reports and documents for operations and maintenance personnel.
- Solid knowledge of sampling and analyses techniques and process control
- Solid knowledge of the operations and maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, and other related physical plant assets.
- Solid knowledge of a variety of O&M platforms (e.g., CMMS, databases, etc.) and on-line documentation.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.