at Waste Industries, Inc.
Plan, organize, control and direct the activities of the facility operation to accomplish desired objectives in a safe and efficient manner. Provide leadership, which results in positive employee/employer relations and project a professional corporate image. Promote and manage effective and profitable operations and resource management, high production standards, a sound risk management program, and facilitate business expansion.
• Sustain a productive and motivated workforce by screening, selecting, hiring, training, developing and evaluating personnel required to meet service commitments.
• Adhere to all wage and hour laws and compensate personnel for services rendered in accordance with established guidelines.
• Establish high appearance standards for all employees.
• Ensure safe working conditions at each job.
• Implement and promote Safety Program to recognize and reward productive and safe employees.
• Plan and route collection services to best utilize personnel and equipment.
• Establish an effective and productive container repair, delivery and switch-out program that promotes a positive image.
• Implement corporate guidelines concerning the Preventive Maintenance program that reduces down time, improves image, reduces maintenance costs and results in lowest cost service delivery possible.
• Develop and implement on-going cost control program that monitors buying practices of all supplies and services.
• Establish production standards for each phase of operation.
• Promote an accident prevention program that seeks to reduce claims, avoid injury and recognize safe employees.
• Enter payroll into system on a bi-weekly basis.
• Ensure Operations Supervisors are utilizing the Full Route Roll-Off Dispatch system.
• Utilize Route Smart system to plan optimized compaction routes.
• Ensure commercial and residential route audits are done on an annual basis.
• Conduct Roll Off account profitability analysis semi-annually.
• Review profit and loss statement on a monthly basis and make adjustments, in conjunction with the General Manager, as necessary to achieve desired results
• Ensure that all services provided by the facility operation are billed and revenues are collected on a timely basis.
• Promote a strong customer focus throughout the operation.
• Ensure the sales team is using approved software to identify and track potential customers.
• Seek opportunities within both primary and secondary assigned market areas for growth and expansion to include contracts and acquisitions.
• Identify and communicate to General Manager/Sales Manager trends within market area which impact quality of service or desired profit margins.
• Participate in local civic affairs and represent the company in a positive manner throughout the community.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree from four (4) year college or university and/or have a demonstrated track record of serving in an operational environment requiring analytical and general management skills.
• Five (5) or more years experience in the waste industry preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.