at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
ChristianaCare, a healthcare organization with 1100 beds between two Magnet recognized hospitals (Christiana and Wilmington) and the only Level 1 Trauma service on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Honored repeatedly as "One of America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report!
Three time Recognized as Magnet Status Hospitals (Christiana & Wilmington)
Growth Opportunities defined by our Clinical Ladder.
Competitive pay with shift differentials and generous paid time off.
Robust Benefits Package
We are currently seeking an RN to work on the 6B Medical Unit. This position requires the candidate selected to work predominately Day/ Midnight shift. We are looking for a RN with previous experience and desire to provide primary care to medical patients. Weekends and Holidays per the department guidelines.
- BSN preferred
- Commitment to acquiring BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- At least one year med/surg experience as a RN.
- BLS required
- In this role you will work closely within a multidisciplinary team to include: RN staff, Hospitalists, Case Managers, Pharmacists, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Ancillary services to deliver safe, effective care to our community with positive outcomes. You will use your expertise in assessing a patient's physical and emotional status, past health history, health practices, and both the patient's and the family's knowledge of the disease and its treatment. As a medical nurse you will be engaging in a true relationship based care model, building relationships with patients and families as well as with your peers, guided by our values of love and excellence.
- Lead a team of 5 medical patients per shift and work expertly with other team members to achieve realistic healthcare goals for an individual and family.
- Plan your nursing care to promote healing and education to patients and their families with a patient centered approach. In addition, closely monitor patients, handle emergencies and provide ongoing supportive care. After treatment, you will help to transition patients to the appropriate level of care.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Excellent partnership within and across disciplines!
We work with a team that values collaboration and recognizes the importance of serving together.
Strong critical thinking and prioritization
Anticipating the needs of others by helping with compassion and generosity
The successful candidate may be eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus to be paid over a period of 12 months.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.