at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
The purpose of this position is to operate, clean and adjust equipment, prevent spills and removal of bi-product trailers from offal area.
The essential function of this position is to service, maintain, and adjust production processing equipment, machinery, and plant facilities to maximize production up time.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate offal equipment and process to ensure in all meat and feather loads meet quality and trailer weight standards: No trash or contamination, drained of water, targeting 40,000lbs per trailer. Over loaded trailers will be reprocessed to meet 40,000lb target.
- Perform preventive maintenance when scheduled, repairs when equipment break down occur and installation to all equipment in the offal process. Read and understand equipment manuals
- Transfer blood onto tankers by taking a 6’ hose 4” in diameter and placing it into blood tank, open wheel valve and visually monitor levels.
- Cover loads prior to removal from work area. .
- Jockey trailers as needed in and out of offal to scale for weighing and draining pad
- Ensure offal area is kept clean inside and out. Clean and Wash down equipment, pit, walls and floors as needed
- Ensure all trailer tracking and process monitoring paperwork is filled out correctly daily