at WSFS Bank
Job DescriptionThe Operations Trainee will be responsible for learning and performing a variety of routine, and non-routine, tasks for a variety of functional disciplines within the WSFS Operations department: including Bank Card Services, Deposit Servicing, eBanking Services, and Item Processing. The position involves both short and long-term assignments to gain proficiency in cross- functional tasks to effectively participate in training, projects, implementations and staff augmentation. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide stellar customer service to WSFS internal and external customers. Complete assigned production tasks, adhering to established departmental SLA's, controls, policies and procedures
- Rotating through all primary operations departments to gain proficiency and subject matter expertise in both department specific tasks and interdepartmental workflows
- Complete production tasks (work queue fulfillment; account maintenance, transaction processing) adhering to established departmental SLA's, controls, policies and procedures
- Participating in department and enterprise projects, which may involve researching, testing, and responsibility for deliverables defined by the project.
- Participate in training sessions that are applicable to Operational processes and business applications, compliance other professional development.
- Proactively support other Associates in completing daily tasks during high volume times or PTO.
- Work with Operations Management to suggest workflow, process, or efficiency enhancements
- Other responsibilities include staying up to date on industry information, new products, enhancements, system changes and compliance issues
- Other Duties as assigned
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a high volume, performance driven operations department or servicing role in financial services.
- Prior experience in retail banking or customer service.
- Must have practical knowledge of bank operations including but not limited to debit/credit card servicing, deposit account processing electronic and mobile banking applications, EFT (ACH and Wire Transfer) processing, monetary settlement and account research.
- Must have knowledge of business and banking application systems with knowledge of and strong proficient using Windows and Microsoft software products.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent listening ability.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.