at TransCore, LP in Dover, Delaware, United States
TransCore, a subsidiary of ST Engineering, is seeking a full-time HR Assistant to join our team in Dover, Delaware.
Summary:This position functions as a generalist in a variety of Human Resources activities, including: screening resumes/applications and interviewing applicants; counseling employees concerning work-related problems and providing feedback to management when necessary; and maintaining records for EEO and affirmative action reporting requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare memos, letters, reports and general correspondence in support of human resources activities.
- Consults with higher level HR staff for issues that are outside the scope of responsibility.
- Staff Recruiting: reviewing resumes/applications, interviewing candidates, etc.
- Consults with regional management on TransCore Human Resources policies/procedures and Affirmative Action regulations.
- Facilitates onboarding process, including background checks, drug screens, new hire paperwork, and orientation related tasks.
- Coordinates agency usage and monitors co-employment matters, including developing and maintaining relationships with staffing agencies.
- Consults with higher level HR staff and Legal department to prepare defense against Unemployment Compensation claims, including attending UC hearings.
- Works in concert with regional management to review all employee relations concerns, complaints, disciplinary issues, and corrective actions, communicating and escalating issues to regional management and higher level HR staff as necessary.
- Other duties as directed by regional management and corporate HR.
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Customer Service
- Phone skills
- Coaching/mentoring coworkers
- MS Office Software
- Reporting software
- Typing/Data Entry
- Minimum two years of related experience
- Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity