at Baltimore Aircoil Company in Milford, Delaware, United States
- Owns personal and team safety. Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times.
- Interpret BAC shop documents and accordingly perform cut out operation using Plasma cutting process & equipment on galvanized and stainless steel panels.
- Weld critical weldments as dictated by engineering, water-tight corner welds & connection welds on galvanized and stainless steel using MIG welding procedures.
- Responsible for the accuracy of his/her work, maintain a steady work pace and avoid the loss of production time by adhering to safety rules and scheduled break periods.
- Operate equipment in a manner that maximizes productivity and quality.
- Train junior mechanics of the team and guide their work performance.
- Provide leadership to the team in the absence of the Station Lead and or Team Leader.
- Understand departmental metrics and communicate / interpret for junior mechanics.
- Update and post metrics as assigned.
- Accurately complete paperwork or online data entry required by department.
- Document processes for knowledge capture and the training of junior mechanics.
- Maintains and sustain 5S standards in the department.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by plant leadership.
- Contribute to departmental safety improvements.
- Produce to the highest quality standards and instruct junior mechanics on precise quality practices.
- Help achieve departmental safety, quality & productivity goals including but not limited to near miss reporting, safety metrics, FPY metrics, etc.
- Ensure individual activities embrace sustainability,reduce the impact on the environment, minimize waste, maximize recycling, minimize energy and water usage.
- Support a culture of innovation through original thinking to improve processes, methods, systems
or services; translates new ideas into business opportunities
- Required to flex within or outside the function to perform other duties as requested, directed or
NATURE & SCOPE
Reports to the Team Leader, Station Leader or other supervisor as assigned. Provides hands on
leadership and mentoring to junior mechanics as well as be prepared to fulfill department leadership
roles as needed. As a senior mechanic, expertise may be requested to participate on regional project
teams. Expectation is to operate as an influencer and subject matter expert
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to lead small groups.
- Effective written communication including documentation of processes, and the communication of those processes with fellow mechanics. Ability to communicate to supervisors and co-workers with written memos or emails that are professional, concise and clearly understood.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills including the ability to communicate professionally with BAC customer and co-workers. The ability to share information verbally that is clearly understood and technically accurate.
- Must pass GMAW 6G weld test.
- Oxy-Fuel welding knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to mentor and training Mechanic II and Mechanic III Welders.
- Proficient with MIG welding & Plasma cutting process and equipment.
- Competent in math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractional computations, and fraction to decimal conversions.
- Read measuring devices: weld gage, inclinometer & tape measure.
- Able to read and understand...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity