at Dot Foods, Inc. in Bear, Delaware, United States
DE - Warehouse Lead
Category (Portal Searching)
Location: Bear, DE Department: Warehouse Reports To: Warehouse Shift Manager
Your Role: Provides hands-on leadership on the warehouse floor by training, monitoring and evaluating assigned personnel and actively leading the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
* Safely and efficiently utilize the warehouse material handling equipment.
* Trains assigned personnel to accurately and consistently use warehouse management systems.
* Trains assigned personnel in safe and efficient use of material handling equipment and supplies.
* Serves as a coach and mentor.
* Communicates work expectations and results achieved.
* Leads lean thinking initiatives to remove waste from all aspects of the position.
* Schedule: To be determined
* Indoor work with hot and humid or cold temperatures extremes.
* Possible need to arrive before and/or stay after shift to fulfill responsibilites.
* Extensive standing/walking while operating warehouse equipment.
* Regular physcial activity, including lifting up to 60 pounds on a regular basis.
* Be available for staff meetings, educational seminars and training.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and operated company for the past 60 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideaas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
* Flexible work environment
* Significant advancement opportunites.
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-works and for the safety condidtions of the work locations, excercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunites. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national orgin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran staus or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need you to have:
* High school diploma or GED
* Stong organization skills
* Strong communication skills
* No steps of discipline
* Must have the ability to lift cases up to 60 lbs.
* Obtain pallet jack, narrow aisle license and forklift certification.
We'd Like you to have:
* Knowlegdge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Prior experience in an environment that promotes safety.
* Leadership experience.
* Completed or in the process of completing the Achieve program.
EOE/AA Employer- We will not discriminate in our employment practices due to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status