at Fiserv in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
What does a great Data Analyst do?
The Gift Solutions Cyber, Fraud & Risk team is a small unit that conducts analytics to support investigative response and prevention efforts for Fiserv, our clients, and partners. This is not the typical analytics role. An analyst will be capable of a high level of autonomy and regularly leverage the work product of their analysis to assist in developing strategy for closed loop gift card transactions and other prepaid business lines.
As a Data Analyst, you will be able to:
• Conduct data exploration, quantitative research and data mining to uncover financial crime patterns, including but not limited to digital evidence, account takeover, fraud, and money laundering
• Formulate monitoring framework, rule models, engineering statistics, and build reporting for comprehensive performance metrics to mitigate risk exposure
• Work with external resources and leverage advanced technology to improve detection effectiveness in response and prevention solutions
• Present findings, highlight risk mitigation opportunities and present risk assessment improvement options to team members, stakeholders, clients, and management
• Support data analysis within the broader Fraud and Risk organization
• Work with product and application owners to develop world class controls, data reporting solutions, and product offerings
• Quickly assess large unstructured data sets and lead a tactical working session with diverse technical and non-technical partners to action analytic findings
• Evaluate diverse data sources, define requirements, drive acquisition of new data sources, and work effectively with application engineers and incident response team members
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or comparable work experience required.
• 2+ years’ experience in data research using SQL and SAS/R/Python for statistics, data analysis, or data modeling
• Ability to respond to incidents and events afterhours, on weekends, or holidays
• A familiarity with payments, banking, or financial technology data
• The candidate should be able to travel domestically and/or internationally
• This position requires that the candidate be a lawful permanent resident or US Citizen
• Experience with ecommerce fraud risk preferred
• Experience with complex search or rule logic development and coding using Splunk, Looker, ThreatMetrix, Palantir or similar applications is preferred
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.