at SMI Services in Kenton, Delaware, United States
SMI Services of Delaware, LLC is committed to being a leader in providing Sediment and Erosion Control Services to the MD, DE, PA, and NJ regions. Quality workmanship, customer satisfaction, workplace safety and commitment to our customer is our recipe for success. We are currently looking for an experienced Mechanic to join our team. This position will be based out of our Kenton, Delaware office with travel required that can included, Upper Delaware, NE Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Summary: Mechanic candidate will have a diverse understanding and experience in mechanics of vehicles of various sizes and manufactures, trailers and equipment such as skid steers, trenchers, snowplows, etc. This work is primarily performed in the shop and yard areas that are subject to extremes of temperature and humidity. There will be exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and vibrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and service company owned vehicles and construction equipment in the timeliest, cost effective and safest way possible.
- Review daily Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports and address any issues reported.
- Maintain all vehicles and trailer to required DOT standards.
- Maintain schedule of all preventative maintenance and DOT inspections.
- Maintain inventory of needed parts, supplies and lubricants on hand.
- Assist employees with information on how to operate and maintain vehicles and equipment in good working order.
- Run emergency road calls in company service truck as needed to any job location.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Valid Drivers License with clean record
- Required: 3 years’ experience servicing and repairing light trucks and construction equipment.
- Required: Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and sit, squat, lay down etc. without problem.
- Required: Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
- Required: Must be able to read and write English well enough to complete repair orders and read instruction manuals.
- Preferred: Technical School Certificate as auto/truck mechanic.
- Preferred: Automotive Service Excellence Certificate (ASE)
- Preferred: 5 years’ experience servicing and repairing light trucks and construction equipment.
Our company offers competitive salary based on experience and an excellent benefits package. Resumes should be submitted through this ad with salary requirements.
For more information about our companies, please visit our website www.smicompanies.net