at Zenith Home Products - now MAYZON in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Job Title – Machine Operator
The Wood Department Machine Operator will safely control various woodworking machines and equipment involved in production.
Operates production machinery in accordance with prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include laminators, saws, edge banders, drilling and boring and similar equipment.
Sets up machine, including all tooling, automation, conveyor belts and auxiliary equipment.
Produces the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
Measures finished parts with precision tools, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
Assist maintenance personnel in repairs, preventative maintenance and conduct TPM’s Total Predictive Maintenance task.
Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
Basic mechanical ability.
Ability to interpret and translate engineering blueprints, designs, and documentation.
Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Set up, program, and operate one or more automated or manual woodworking machines such as saws, routers, edgers, laminating machines, drilling, and boring machines
- Controls the operation of the machine including adjustments and minor repairs necessary to produce a quality product.
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Experience with reading and applying the information found on product prints
- Able accurately read and use a tape measure and calipers
- Able to understand and follow work order
- Follow published daily production schedules
- Document actions by accurately completing the necessary paperwork
- Recognize when the operation is not running well and seek out appropriate support
- Solve minor production-related problems individually, work with a team to solve higher-level problems
- Utilized measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, tape measures and micrometers gauges
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and follow proper safety protocols
- Must have troubleshooting skills to determine when machinery may need calibration or maintenance
- Load and unload raw materials into the machine
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Ability to deliver good quality products to set timescales
- Maintains quality standards for the product
- Perform other work functions as needed due to business volume and need