at Ametek in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionAMETEK Process Instruments is a worldwide manufacturer of process analyzers and instrumentation. We focus our experience on designing new, innovative analyzers that help our customers achieve higher levels of productivity and quality. By seeking out ways to overcome the limitations of current methods of process monitoring, control and quality assurance, we have created some of the most capable, unique technologies in the world. A business unit of the Process and Analytical Instruments division of AMETEK Inc., we are part of a global corporation with a growth plan founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion and New Products.
As a Custom Instrument Assembler, you will be responsible for the assembly, testing and repairing of electromechanical assemblies. The assemblies go into our analyzers which are shipped all over the globe.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Education or Associate Degree in Electronics Technology
- Heavy Lifting required up to 65 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to solder
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to demonstrate tube bending
- Ability to test as well as demonstrate finished product using instrumentation
- Safety glasses and safety shoes are required
- 3-5 years of experience working on complex electro-mechanical products and sub-assemblies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-On Highly skilled assembly and for the forward production flow of all Process Instruments Products
- Must maintain a clean work area
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with troubleshooting techniques and associated tools
- Must have demonstrated ability to read and follow assembly and test procedures
- Maintain accurate records of work performance including logs, worksheets, inspection reports, etc.
- A superb team player attitude is a must
- Occasionally, the performance of other duties deemed necessary by business conditions as required.
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers' most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1 (866) 263-8359.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity