at WSFS Bank
Job DescriptionPosition type: Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
The Settlement Specialist will provide stellar service and support for internal and external customers. The incumbent handles day- two operations including: general ledger reconcilements, system application balancing and teller reconcilements. The Settlement Specialist needs to have the ability to perform a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting or related financial areas. The incumbent contacts other departments or other outside agencies to resolve problems. The Settlement Specialist will assist with internal and external customer questions regarding Deposit Services processes, perform reconcilement tasks within department’s designates SLA’s, reconcile general ledger/account activity and retain documentation in conjunction with WSFS General Ledger Policy and Deposit Services Record Retention Policy. The incumbent will provide clear and concise communications regarding daily discrepancies to Retail, Loan, Security, Treasury and Commercial Associates on consistent basis. The Settlement Specialist will actively participate in Impact Planning Meetings and assist in the completions of plans; notify management of any risks/opportunities/ issues identified while completing daily tasks or assisting customers; participate in training sessions that are applicable to Deposit Services Processes including but not limited to reconcilements; accurately process and balance transactions to accounts/general ledgers on consistent bases; proactively support other associates in completing daily tasks during high volume times.
- College degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in same or related field in a detail-oriented transaction services operation is required.
- Experience in a dependent field, such as item processing or retail banking, is preferred.
- Must have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding established production and service quality goals.
- Must have practical knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures for reconcilement and settlement processing.
- Must have a basic knowledge of other banking service functions, such as item processing, and the technology that supports those business lines.
- Must be able to adjust priorities quickly and manage all priorities effectively.
- Should be proficient using Windows and Microsoft software products.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent listening ability.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.