at Waste Industries Delaware South in Millsboro, Delaware, United States
Safely assist drivers and other employees in the collection of solid waste materials from a residential truck.
• Collect solid waste/recyclable materials from customer premises and/or from the curbside if applicable.
• Load solid waste into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle
• Sort recyclables and deposit materials into the appropriate compartments in collection truck if applicable.
• Assist driver in safe operation of the vehicle by directing the driver in backing up the vehicle and in close space maneuvering.
• Operate equipment on truck to compact trash/materials into vehicle.
• Audit waste collection vehicle for proper equipment prior to leaving branch (i.e., broom, shovel, etc.).
• Report all customer related problems to driver immediately
• Identify, tag and notify driver of prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
• Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.