at Lumen in Dover, Delaware, United States
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (CIRT) Engineers are expected to respond to and mitigate/remediate cybersecurity alerts from Lumen assets. CIRT Engineers research and recommend preventative measures in conjunction with managing reactive alerts. In addition, CIRT Engineers are responsible to evaluate current capabilities and predict future needs, then work with internal stakeholders, vendors and peers to anticipate, define, and pursue these capabilities.
*This is a US-based, salaried-benefited/bonus eligible, Work From Home role with our growing Incident Response team!
The Main Responsibilities
• Respond to, remediate and document information security incidents not limited to dashboard (Advanced Threat Appliance & SIEM) alerts, tickets, emails, or phone calls
• Actively hunt the enterprise for insecure, suspicious or malicious activity
• Review data that is processed within the SIEM to find incident evidence and suspicious events as well as out of scope events
• Verify and validate security notifications from both internal and external sources
• Identify and resolve incidents that are not defined by (or deviate from) an existing incident response guides
• Assist with significant incidents as needed or assigned
• Provide feedback for development and consistency of automated threat detection mechanisms
• Update and maintain response guides for accuracy
• Support Security projects to improve Cyber Defense Team or Lumen’s security posture
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
• Solid understanding of information security fundamentals, host and network security hardening and requirements; networking protocols; common intrusion techniques; and common risk management concepts
• Analytical and problem solving skills related to networking, operating systems, and malware analysis
• Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as Security +, C|EH, OSCP, GCIH, CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GISEC, CISM or CISA
• Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort with presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as non-technical staff
• Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies
• 4+ years of experience in incident response, computer forensics security, risk assessments, application security or network security
• Experience in network and/or firewall engineering, administration, design and implementation including experience in applying methodologies and principles for all levels of security
• Understanding of the following tools: SIEM, IDS / IPS, host based anti-virus, or similar products
• Experience in network monitoring tools to monitor attacks/threats and doing the initial triage of findings
• Microsoft or UNIX (including Linux or other UNIX derivatives) operating system administration/support experience
• Experience with technologies, tools and process controls to minimize risk and data exposure
• Development experience in scripting languages such as Python or Perl
• Experience in large enterprise or carrier data centers and/or networks
Requisition #: 306402
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job’s location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.