at Pepsi Bottling Venture-Harrington in Harrington, Delaware, United States
Unbottle YOUR Potential at Pepsi Bottling Ventures!
PAY RATE between $15.00-$17.00/hr
By applying for this role, you will also be considered for other driver-based roles for which you qualify. We will contact you directly regarding your interest in the available roles. This is a role which may include the following: Driver / CDL / Customer Delivery Specialist / Driver / Class CDL / Delivery Driver / Class A CDL / Delivery Truck Driver / OTR / Driver
Purpose of the Job: The Trainee is primarily responsible for learning all aspects of a Customer Delivery Specialist role, including the safe and efficient operation of the delivery vehicle, and all duties necessary to provide world class service to our customers. Upon completion of training, the Trainee is responsible for performing the Customer Delivery Specialist function on various routes, (including open and vacation routes).
- Conducts pre-post-trip inspection on truck according to DOT requirements and promptly reports problems to the Fleet department.
- Safely drives and maneuvers a truck having a gross vehicle weight of under or over 26,000 pounds.
- Services all scheduled customers by the end of shift according to PBV and customer standards.
- Delivers product to store.
- Executes delivery on all promotions.
- Unloads, merchandises and rotates product in all accounts to PBV and customer standards (e.g., filling shelves and coolers, building and stocking displays, making products look attractive on shelves, rotating products, refilling out of stocks, removing out of date products, removing/returning shells, etc.)
- Establishes positive working relationships with primary contact at each account.
- Obtains required signatures, store stamps, or otherwise meets other requirements in order to ensure accurate settlement of all invoices at the end of the day.
- Communicates issues to appropriate store personnel and management.
- Follows all DOT and FMCSA regulations,.
- Follows company rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL permit by the 15th business day and 45 business days from their date of hire in which to obtain the license, if CDL is not currently held.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical prior to first day of employment.
- Must have a positive attitude and must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic financial calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Must have a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform heavy physical labor for extended periods of time. Must be able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to meet PBV driving qualifications.
- Must be able to work hours necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- This is a role which may include the following: Driver / CDL / Customer Delivery Specialist / Driver / Class CDL / Delivery Driver / Class A CDL / Delivery Truck Driver / OTR / Driver
- Constantly (34%-66%) required to walk, stand, lift up to 85 pounds and push/pull 300 – 2400 pounds with the assistance of a pallet jack.
- Frequently (67%-100%) required to sit.
- Occasionally (0%-33%) required to climb.
At Pepsi, we spread home-grown joy, in our special Pepsi Bottling Ventures way! Pepsi Bottling Ventures is the nation’s largest private bottler and distributor of Pepsi beverages. Pepsi Bottling Ventures is based in NC, SC, MD, & DE.
We offer competitive pay and great benefits including:
- Two Medical Options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- FSA / HSA Accounts
- 401(K), with up to 5% Pepsi Match
- Paid Personal Days after 60 days of employment
- Paid Vacation Days after 5 months of employment
- 9 Paid Holidays, eligibility begins day 1.
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Legal Plan Access
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,000 a year
- Comprehensive Work/Life Wellness Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for career growth and development