at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R151009
800 Capitol Street (31040), United States of America, Houston, Texas
Senior Manager, Petroleum Engineer (Remote-Eligible)
The Sr. Manager, Petroleum Engineer provides a thorough and timely technical and collateral evaluation of the oil and gas assets ofCapital One Energy Banking's clients and prospects. This evaluation and analysis is used by Relationship Managers, Underwriters,Credit Officers, and leadership to make informed credit decisions and for ongoing portfolio monitoring. The Sr. Manager, PetroleumEngineer reports to the Chief Petroleum Engineer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinating detailed technical evaluations of proved oil and gas reserves and associated cash flow projections.
* Conducting thorough due diligence activities to confirm the utilization of prudent assumptions in the projections used in assetevaluations, including evaluations of the borrower's past performance, industry performance, and basin-wide trends.
* Working with a sense of urgency to consistently deliver effective outcomes under rigid timeline limitations.
* Working closely with the bank Relationship Managers, Underwriters, and Credit Officers in the evaluation of all energy relatedtransactions, ensuring optimal communication through the underwriting process.
* Effectively interfacing with clients' technical and management teams and agent banks' technical teams to supplement and confirmdue diligence efforts.
* In cases where Capital One is the Administrative Agent, assisting clients in preparing engineering information for syndicationpurposes and interfacing with prospective participating bank engineers and bankers to assist in their internal reserve analysis.
* Developing a qualitative view of borrower's assets, technical team capabilities, past performance, and quality of information usedto prepare reserve reports.
* Analyzing technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand of the oil and gas industry to effectively evaluate riskinherent to the activities of clients and customers.
* Assisting with department activities to continually improve evaluation procedures and data collection efforts.
* Assisting with the large-scale management of client reserve data and generation of standard database outputs.
* Ensuring compliance of bank policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
* Assisting the Chief Petroleum Engineer in the recommendation and implementation of new policies and procedures as approvedby, or directed by executive management.
* Providing input on pricing policy used for the determination of reserve-based lending by compiling appropriate information, makingrecommendations for action, and verifying results.
* Coordinating technical reviews with auditors and regulators.
* Providing knowledge and insight to partners (underwriting, relationship management, and credit officers) regarding basicengineering analysis techniques, as well as general and basin-specific industry trends.
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 4 years of experience in the energy industry
* At least 3 years of experience in reserve evaluations and risk management within the energy industry
* At least 3 years of experience in ARIES reserves and economics evaluation software
* At least 1 year of experience in Microsoft Access
* Masters Degree in Engineering
* Professional Engineering Certification
* Proficient in PHDWin, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
* Experience in dealing with internal and external auditors as well as regulators
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is open to hiring a remote employee for this opportunity.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age,... For full info follow application link.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.