at Medifast in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
The Warehouse Supervisor will manage general responsibility for coordinating and managing all warehouse activities on a daily basis. The Supervisor is responsible for managing the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Supervisor will also be responsible for quality checks and quality sampling on raw materials. Travel may be required.
- Manage the overall aspects of the facility to include returns, receiving, warehouse, production, quality, facilities, inventory and administration.
- Coaches and mentors direct staff to achieve department standards and efficiencies of meeting inventory standards of 99.9% accuracy.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance and quality checks on raw materials. Ensure that COAs are received prior to unloading, gathering samples and quality checking samples. Will partner with the QA team.
- Ensures employees are trained appropriately and complete the on boarding checklist.
- Complete employee performance appraisals in accordance with company timelines.
- Responsible for performance of hourly employees, providing feedback verbally and in writing.
- Leads and manages warehouse operations and employees while ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for safety, employees, material handling, inventory, capital asset and expense management.
- Understand, implement, and carry out all Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the warehouse through the use of KPIs, with a primary focus on cost controls.
- Responsible for establishing work schedules, assigning jobs, training staff, coaching, counseling and creating a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment, in accordance with plant operating standards and internal and external regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.