at Medifast in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
Overview Of Position
As the Safety Coordinator this position will establish and promote a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment. This position will plan and coordinate safety-based activities and training to maintain compliance with Company, state, local and federal regulations and provide assistance to other department heads to promote and maintain a productive safety culture.
- Work with leadership on processes and procedures to prepare for internal and external safety audits
- Lead meetings to inform team members of new or changing safety policies and procedures, and address safety and/or quality issues
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date recordkeeping systems including logs, binders, and other records related to safety
- Monitor warehouse safety supplies and notify operations of replacement needs
- Schedule and perform documented jobsite safety audits/inspections to determine compliance with all safety policies, procedures and programs and federal, state safety standards.
- Work with Safety Manager to develop processes and plans to reduce or eliminate hazards and safety incidents.
- Assist in developing and facilitating monthly safety training and new hire orientation, create safety alerts and promote awareness of the safety program
- Conduct and coordinate root cause investigations on recordable incidents, near misses and vehicle incidents
- Coordinate and collect all workers compensation documentation and submit to the Safety Manager and HR
- Other duties as assigned
Support the Distribution Centers with safety initiatives while taking direction from the Supply Chain Safety Manager