at DuPont in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.?
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we?work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US??
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!?
Get to know our?Purpose?and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that?improve the world, share a?commitment to sustainability that?makes our planet better and give back to communities in?which we work?and live.
Get to?Experience?a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance?and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the?Opportunity?to?chart your own course,?challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build?a?rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize?skills,?competencies, and contributions?to business results.?
DuPont Cyrel® Solutions is seeking a Principal Investigator for the Cyrel® Solutions Research and Development team, whose mission is to provide industry-leading innovation for the packaging and printing markets. Core technologies of photopolymer chemistry, coating science, and imaging technology provide the building blocks for plates that enable printing solutions that optimize the quality, productivity and sustainability of printers/converters and tradeshops.
We are seeking a Ph.D. Chemist or equivalent, with strong polymer formulation experience to deliver new material solutions for the flexographic printing market.
The candidate will be expected to develop formulation approaches for Cyrel® plates with strong collaboration with R&D, Applications, Technical Service and Manufacturing teams to deliver new product solutions to meet customer needs
This position can be based in Wilmington, DE or Parlin, NJ, with frequent travel between the two sites (~50%). We are seeking a results-focused individual with technical leadership skills, project management experience, strong communication, and a proven track record of technical innovation to deliver new products.
• Develop polymer formulation solutions for use in flexographic printing applications.
• Work as part of an extended global, cross-functional team to drive technology development programs and commercialize new products. Responsibilities range from translating customer needs to product attributes, developing the product, working with applications team and customers to evaluate end-use performance, and transitioning product to Manufacturing for scale up.
• Lead new product development and identification of new technology areas for Cyrel® solutions innovation pipeline.
• Work with the broader organization to define new opportunities for Sustainability and Growth
• Demonstrate behaviors that exemplify DuPont’s Core Values: Safety and Health, Respect for People, Highest Ethical Behavior, and Protecting the Planet
Minimum Skills Required:
• Masters Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or Material Science. Ph.D preferred.
• 5 years or more industrial experience in formulating preferred.
• Experience with photo-active systems and photopolymerization preferred.
• Experience with experimental design, data analysis, and statistics preferred
• Experience in one or more common programing environments preferred such as Visual Basic, Python, Matlab.
• Experience working in teams; experience leading teams is a plus
• Enjoys collaboration
• Good verbal/written communication skills
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information (http://www.dupont.com/global-links/accessibility.html) .
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here (https://www.dupont.com/content/dam/dupont/amer/us/en/corporate/microsites/now/news-articles/EEO%20Policy%20Final%20Version%20Oct%202020.pdf) .To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account