at CDM Smith in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith’s Federal Services Unit (FSU) Water and Facilities (WAF) Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to serve as a Senior Project Manager (Sr PM), a key role in our federal WAF portfolio in the western United States and Asia. Through effective leadership and teamwork, the Sr PM will serve to successfully deliver projects and client service while expanding geographic coverage for US Department of Defense and maximizing the long-term profitability of the firm.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
-\tPlanning, developing, coordinating, and directing multiple DOD design and construction projects concurrently.
-\tLeading multi-discipline project teams, including civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, structural engineering, and architects.
-\tUnderstanding agency requirements and aligning CDM Smith capabilities to support DOD’s planning and design requirements.
-\tEstimating resource needs and scheduling and assigning work to meet project milestone dates.
-\tInitiating and maintaining relationships with multiple DOD clients to understand their needs and match with CDM Smith capabilities to support revenue growth and support future sales initiatives through close coordination with the Water and Facilities sales team.
-\tSupporting the direct marketing and proposal/pricing development for DOD related opportunities by working effectively with Client Service Leaders, Technical Strategy Leaders, and project delivery teams to position, secure, and deliver quality projects.
- Mentoring and staff development including thorough high-quality performance appraisals.
- Active participation in relevant industry organizations such as: SAME, AIA and DBIA.
- Lead monthly project management processes including ETC, EAC, and revenue recognition.
- Lead and support efforts to integrate improved resource management (e.g., implementation of resource-loaded scheduling capabilities and practices).
Senior Project Manager – Federal Facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10 years of related experience.
- PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Professional engineering (PE) license or Professional Architect registration (RA).
- Previous experience managing design and design/build projects for the federal government, strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel and subcontractors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficient, including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Business development skills and experience such as client engagement and proposal preparation.
- Understanding of scheduling concepts and familiarity with software such as Primavera P6 or equivalent.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.