Accounts Receivable Specialist (AR Specialist)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19802
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate processing and oversight of overall agency billings, accounts receivable and assisting departments with collection functions. The Accounts Receivable Specialist ensures the efficient, timely and accurate processing of related support documents is necessary in order to meet financial reporting deadlines and to help ensure steady cash flow for operations. The position will also prepare, monitor and update the bank check log.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Follow safety policies and procedures and ensure safe-working conditions for the division and departments supervised.
2. Ensure maximum customer satisfaction by working cooperatively with all internal and external customers to promote the achievement of the company mission.
3. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality along with a professional work environment.
4. Post daily cash receipts to customer’s ledger accounts.
5. Make follow up phone calls on outstanding receivables.
6. Update daily business records.
7. Prepare periodic billings and monthly statements for services performed by the agency’s various profit centers.
8. Perform routine system maintenance functions to the POS system including updating software and user files.
9. Prepare and distribute monthly reports that meet financial reporting deadlines.
10. Maintain an appropriate filing system for accounts receivables, archived records, and other areas of assigned responsibility.
11. Follow company policies and procedures. Attend meetings, training sessions and committee team activities as required.
12. Create and distribute monthly statements to vendors.
13. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
14. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Associates degree in accounting, related field, and/or equivalent experience/education combined.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To ensure safe working conditions, personal protection equipment (PPE) required for this position includes: hand protection; eye protection when handling material.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as deemed appropriate.
Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Goodwill Industries of Delaware and Delaware County maintains its status as an at-will employer.