Technician Cable Installation - New Castle, DE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
New Castle, DE, USA
Cable Installation Technicians are the face of our company. They are responsible for installing cable television, phone and internet for residential and business customers.
- Installs, disconnects, reconnects, adds, changes, and troubleshoots cable TV, internet, telephone and/or alarm equipment in accordance with guidelines
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment. Ensures that service operates within prescribed parameters
- Attempts to identify and remedy sources of customer-perceived problems
- Drives company vehicle between home/office, warehouse, and work sites in a safe and courteous manner
- Cleans, maintains, and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties
- Completes paperwork accurately, and reports and records work order status updates
- Greet customers in the home while conducting walk thru
- Reviews all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement
- Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeated customer concerns
- Provide customer education regarding product and service usage
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be available to work weekends as needed
- Valid driver’s license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and a good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs with or without accommodations
- Ability to carry a 28’ ladder from truck to pole
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as a crawl space of a house
- Due to safety reasons, maximum bodyweight restriction must not exceed 350 pounds
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Overhead lifting, climbing & carrying ladders with a weight of up to 80 lbs
- Working 3- feet above ground level
- Working in enclosed space
- Working in inclement weather
- Walking and climbing, kneeling and crouching
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Posted: November 20, 2020