CIB-Newark-2021 ReEntry Program Tax Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19725
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets undercustody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Merchant Services
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co, with more than USD 1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2017. As the world’s leading merchant acquirer, Merchant Services is at the forefront of the payments industry, offering acceptance, fraud and data security solutions for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies and expanding. As one of the original fintechs, Merchant Services understands the importance of continually innovating to stay at the forefront of the consumer payments industry.
About Client Tax Operations
Client Tax Operations (CTO) is a team that works across JPMorgan Chase to ensure compliance to tax reporting regulations by implementing and maintaining appropriate processes, governance, oversight and controls. Merchant Services Tax is a group within CTO that supports the Merchant Services line of business
Merchant Services Tax Associate monitors compliance with domestic and international Indirect and/or Tax Information Reporting/Withholding regulations and partners with the business to ensure compliance. The Tax Associate assists the Tax Director and other team members in complying with Federal, State and foreign tax requirements, including Sales/VAT taxes and regulations related to Forms 1099K, 1099C and 1099MISC reporting and withholding.
• Support the integration of recently acquired businesses into Merchant and JPMC Tax Operations processes and systems.
• Support the growth and expansion of Merchant into new products and markets
• Assist the business in dealing with complex tax issues including partnering with Corporate Tax and outside advisers
• Provide tax advice, support and training to account setup and maintenance groups
• Provide support to Sales, Customer Service, Account Executives and Partner Channel to respond to customer questions or to request accurate or updated tax documentation
• Support annual filing of all Federal tax forms, including 1099K, 1099C and 1099MISC
• Manage monthly and quarterly state filings
• Manage backup withholding reporting and payment process
• Identify and research tax reporting issues
• Participate in efforts to ensure that tax reporting, financial systems, procedures, controls and policies are appropriate and functioning so that timely, accurate and reliable information is produced.
• Analysis and review of transactions and tax calculations performed by internal processing platforms for accuracy
• Perform reconciliation of general ledger tax accounts and tax reporting systems
• Support business IT projects to monitor tax requirements and functionality
• Understand and advise the business how to incorporate regulatory tax changes into the operating and systems environment.
• Liaise with business engineering in the design and implementation of information systems that will support tax compliance efforts.
• Respond to tax compliance inquiries throughout the year. This includes tax-related inquiries from operations, technology, internal service providers and client facing groups.
• Work across the business to establish controls to improve tax compliance
• Assist with the automation, enhancement and maintenance of reporting, analysis and reconciliation processes
• Support business product initiatives to monitor tax requirements, tax functionality and operational process impacts
• Update policies and procedures and manage recertification process
• Various other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor Degree Business/Accounting/Finance or similar degree
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant tax, financial analysis or technical product experience
• Demonstrated ability to positively interface with other departments, colleagues, senior management and external clients is required
• The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
• Industry experience (financial services/payment processing) would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of operations and controls of various financial systems and software applications and the ability to extract and utilize the information from these systems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – job requires communicating tax and financial issues in understandable ways to business teams and customers and working directly with project teams on tax functionality.
• Experience in process improvement and process mapping
• Project management experience beneficial
• Controls and risk management aptitude
• Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent analytical, data management and mathematical skillsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans