Manager, Product Manager- Consumer Bank
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R100516
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Manager, Product Manager- Consumer Bank
At Capital One, we believe great products begin with a deep understanding of our customers. From our earliest days, we pioneered the use of predictive modeling to individually personalize credit card offers, turning the entire industry on its head. As we’ve grown bigger, we’ve found more and more ways to use technology and face-to-face conversations to understand the human problems associated with money and finances.
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined this human-centered approach with our heritage of data-driven decision making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Are you passionate about improving the way people interact with their money? Are you driven by the delight you bring to customers? Do you keep asking, “why,” until you hit the root? It’s common to fall in love with solutions, but have you ever fallen in love with the problem? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Do you have a healthy dose of skepticism for the impossible? If you’re nodding your head, then we want you!
In this role, with a focus towards elevating the in-person experience for Customers and Associates in our Branches and Cafes, you’ll be joining a passionate team of product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their money. By developing new products and improved ways of working together, you will develop a portfolio of world-class solutions and lead your teams through the victories and the challenges. You’ll contribute to an environment in which great products flourish, where great people are at the top of their game, and where diversity and inclusion make everything better. From UI to hardware to machine learning, to pricing, the problems you’ll solve will be hard and will matter to millions.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
- Empowered. Part of a team driving the bank’s omni-channel servicing portfolio responsible for setting and delivering an experience framework on how our customers should be serviced in both digital and digital-human interactions
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with customers, associates, designers, technologists and data scientists to build cutting edge solutions
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by asking bold questions; starting small, testing, and learning your way to something dramatically better
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem and holding on the wrong one.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool or introduced a new routine that broke down silos led to better decisions.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. You’ve gotten back-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don’t frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you’ve broken open the whole nut. You are comfortable saying no.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product alongside
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- At least 3 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences.
- At least 2 years of experience working on core product platforms that power digital experiences
- At least 2 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 5 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.