FORKLIFT OPERATOR/WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the dedicated Yard Forklift Operator is in an entry-level position responsible for the safe operation of a forklift with foot and hand controls to stock all lumber and building materials. This valuable individual will uphold and maintain the core BMC values as they work within established work and safety procedures.
- Operate forklift with foot and hand controls.
- Safely load lumber and building materials into storage facilities. Including the safe use of automated loading systems.
- Keep all bays stocked and neat to facilitate efficient load building processes.
- Use forklift to build outgoing orders for lumber and building materials.
- Use forklift to load completed orders onto delivery equipment maintaining safe procedures and stacking methods.
- Empty trash receptacles as necessary.
- Operate bander and other facility equipment as necessary.
- Keep staging areas clean and organized.
- Follow safety procedures as outlined by company safety program and operator manual for forklift.
- Maintain a current forklift operator’s license.
- Minimum Education: High school or G.E.D., Forklift Training and safety orientation.
- Product knowledge for lumber and building materials, use a tape measure and hammer safely.
- Majority of work is outside in working conditions that vary depending on seasons.
- Temperature variations and inclement weather are real aspects of the work environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance, spend long amounts of time sitting, stooping, reaching, bending, climbing, standing or walking.
- Frequently works overtime during peak business months.