Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you! Military and Veterans encouraged to apply.
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the CDL Driver is responsible for providing efficient delivery and excellent service. The CDL Driver is a hardworking, reliable team member who delivers materials including lumber, beams, and i-joists to job sites, inspects and maintains trucks, reports shortages and claims to their supervisor, and assists in the loading and storing of materials.
- Maintain a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License as required.
- Prepare DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organize and secure load.
- Assist forklift operators when loading.
- Account for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
- Check orders for accuracy.
- Deliver and unload materials to customers’ satisfaction.
- Complete daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Record all merchandise that is returned by the truck, assist in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follow guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Operate Boom in safe and efficient manner; maintain records regarding equipment use and time charged.
- Log in deliveries on supervisor’s log sheet.
- Wait on customers while truck is being loaded.
- Relay messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assist supervisor, other associates and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High school or GED.
- Attention to detail when delivering oversized loads and the ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.
Must be able to:
- Lift 65 pounds from ground level to standing position, 20 pounds, including the ability to lift above the head.
- Pull 20 pounds from a standing position, from various levels, including the ability to lift above the head.
- Pull 20 pounds from a kneeling position, from various level, including the ability to lift above the head.
Stand and/or walk for an 8-10 hour shift.
- Frequently bend and stoop during an 8-10 hour shift.
- Communicate with customers, other associates and supervisors using verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques.
- Clean driving record and current operator’s license.
- Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when operating machines and tools.
- Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time.
- Eye protection and steel toed (safety toed) hard sole leather boots required at all times.
- Overtime work could be involved.
- Must be a CDL A or B driver with at least 2 years experience driving a Tractor Trailer (semi) or 2 years experience operating boom trucks and/or trucks with mounted lifts & roll off trailers.
Will accept Military experience in lieu of civilian experience. Must have an Army MOS of 88M, 12N, or 92FT. Air Force Specialty Code of 2T1X1. Marines and Navy MOS of 3531, 3537, 3502 or 0811, 0844, 0861.
- A military skill waiver with proper certifications may also be accepted with proper documentation and chain of command approval.*