Software Engineering Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
TA Instruments is searching for a Software Engineering Manager, located in the New Castle, DE office to lead a gloabal team of software developers. Reporting to the Sr. Director of R&D for TA, this role will be responsible for leading key strategic projects in support of TA R&D Roadmap – software development of existing and new instruments, developing common software platforms that can be used across all product lines, leading Informatics strategy, roadmap and solutions for Material Science market. The director will work very closely with all R&D teams across all sites as needed to initiate, manage and complete the projects per the strategy set forth by the Business Committee or R&D leader.
- Primary responsibilities include providing and documenting architectural designs following input from stakeholders and providing high level implementation work estimates.
- Act as architectural design authority and communicate architecture and designs to stakeholders including implementing teams.
- Act as a team member to support implementing architectural designs during the development lifecycle
- Produce Proof of Concepts in high risk areas to de-risk architecture
- Ability to solve highly complex problems in real time
- Drive Tools selection needed for the successful development of the product.
- Seek out and provide guidance on new practices and technologies that may result in improved ways of working
- Software development across our technology stack (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, C.#, .Net/.Net Core, SQL Server).
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software increments for Informatics applications
- Contributing to team and project continuous improvement activities
- Contributing to continuous integration and delivery frameworks and approaches
- Continual learning, to stay up to date with the latest techniques and technologies in software development
- Mentor others on architectural concepts and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline strongly preferred or equivalent work experience
- Proven software architecture experience in development of desktop and/or web-based software products preferably in an agile environment
- Experience with modern software architecture paradigms and patterns
- Good influencer and mentor; proven authority and credibility at senior levels.
- Strong business judgment and record of making the right choices.
- Experience with software quality assurance and testing.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely including an ability to document software architecture
- Knowledge and shown experience as a full stack software developer, ideally with exposure to elements across our technology stack (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, C.#, .Net, SQL Server).
- Cloud technology experience, AWS / Azure
- Knowledge and application of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, SOLID, BDD etc.).
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Experience of cloud architecture desirable.
For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers.
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.