Accounts Payable Supervisor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Frederica, DE 19946
Oversees and assists accounts payable team with processing of vendor invoices and payments. Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment. Prepares bi-weekly payment runs for management review and approval, works with purchasing in establishing optimal vendor payment terms and enhancing vendor relationships. Works with team to ensure optimal efficiency and accuracy levels are consistently met.
• Supervises all activities in the accounts payable function and processes vendor invoices and payments
• Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and employee expenses and maintains accurate records and control reports
• Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in audits and oversees all audit requests related to purchasing and payables.
• Oversees proper vendor record maintenance and annual filing of 1099’s
• Recommends and implements improvements to accounts payable processes
• Supervises staff and sets goals to develop and improve
• Works across departments to ensure business needs are met in accordance with budget and strategic plan
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Must be able to work on government contracts directly or access shared data resources (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
• Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field of study,
• At least a minimum of 5 years related experience
• Demonstrated technical and analytical abilities
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to motivate staff
• Must be able to navigate processes in ERP systems and standard applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran