Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19725
Research Investigator (Job Number: 212730W-01)
Research Scientist in R&D
The DuPont Electronics & Imaging business has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Research Scientist in the Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) Technology group located in Newark, DE .
This role specifically resides within the Advanced Characterization and Fundamentals group in CMP Research & Development. The group focuses on designing, developing and implementing cutting-edge characterization techniques and using them to build fundamental understanding of our systems to solve new product development challenges and improve technical support and troubleshooting for our customers. The successful candidate must have strong technical knowledge, interpersonal effectiveness, and experience solving complex multi-disciplinary problems. Experience working across regions and geographies is also desired.
The candidate should have a strong background in chemistry, engineering and/or material science. Knowledge of key characterization approaches for polymers and aqueous formulations is required with specific knowledge in the areas of spectroscopy and chemometrics being preferred. The successful applicant will be responsible for designing, identifying and developing new technologies. Solid project management, cross-functional team collaboration skills, and successful previous research and publication in the area of polymer science is required. The Research Scientist will work closely with the global CMPT R&D team and business partners to develop and deliver new products and solutions.
• Define and develop and implement technical solutions for projects using advanced knowledge of scientific principles, theory and experimental design.
• Build technical capabilities, pushing boundaries on process/chemistry approaches and develop an fundamental technical understanding of the CMP process
• Consistently apply the Scientific Method in delivering solutions, formulating hypotheses and developing experimental plans.
• Partner closely with other DuPont businesses/customers throughout the project cycle: scoping, development, scale-up, sampling, and commercialization of new technologies.
• Keep current with industry and academia developments in relevant area of technology. Understand patent and journal literature for a given area of technology. Initiate steps to secure right to practice and/or patent protection for new technologies.
• Provide support, partner with and provide guidance for technologists.
• Communicate and appropriately document work in the form of internal reports/presentations and external publications/presentations (when appropriate). Draft and submit patent disclosures as appropriate.
• Understand and follow appropriate EH&S standards, policies and procedures applicable to their job. Lead by example in the area of safety behaviors by promoting safe work habits.
• Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience in Spectroscopy or Ph.D. with 1+ year experience in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or Physics
• Demonstrated track record of technical project leadership and delivery
• Strong interpersonal, partnership and leadership skills with the ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deliver presentations that distill complex ideas and proactively communicates results and progress to technical teams, supervision, management, and business leadership
• Passionate about chemistry, applied spectroscopy, and developing new insights in these fields to solve customer-relevant problems
• Experience with developing quantitative and qualitative spectroscopic methods as well as spectral interpretation
• Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
• A track record of technical publications in peer-reviewed journals and participation in scientific conferences
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Newark
Organization: Electronics & Imaging
Education Level: Master’s Degree (±18 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.