Parts Counter Sales Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Seaford, DE 19973
Responsible for assisting all customers and technicians by securing all parts needs while offering a high level of customer service.
• Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
• Manage incoming and outgoing phone traffic.
• Assist outside sales staff with technical, inventory, and pricing information
• Identify and record lost sales opportunities to ensure inventory performance remains at a high level.
• Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
• Pull and fill orders from stock for local delivery and outside sales staff.
• Restocking of incorrect or returned parts.
• Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
• Source, shop, and order emergency nonstock items from local vendors.
• Communicate order status of special order items with all customers and service departments.
• Pulls orders for service and body shops, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number.
• Ensure that local special order parts are returned to the vendor if not picked up by the customer.
• Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on the service repair order.
• Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
• Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
• Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
• Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
• Ensure showroom and display area is stocked full, clean, and orderly.
• Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
• Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
• Maintain current level of training from all available sources.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
• Other duties may be assigned by management.