Utility Line Locator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Georgetown, DE 19947
Under the direction of a company supervisor, performs work that involves visual inspection of predefined construction areas and reading and interpretation of utility maps to determine the presence of underground utilities, while using special electronic equipment to actually detect and locate said utilities. The utilities may include (but not be limited to) gas, electric, cable TV, telecommunications, sanitary sewer, water lines, street lighting and other facilities within the predefined construction area.
• Use lap-top computer or other devices to receive, document and close out excavation notices, both during normal hours and after hours.
• Read and interpret utility maps / prints to identify the type and size of underground utilities.
• Use assigned communication equipment to effectively communicate with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding underground facilities.
• Operate different electronic detection equipment, to locate and mark under-ground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits.
• Perform light excavation with a shovel, to expose buried utilities when necessary.
• Provide accurate documentation and or sketches related to all locates completed.
• Receive and respond to excavation notices during normal and after hours in accordance with established time requirements.
• Operate company vehicles in a safe manner and maintain a professional appearance
• Be able to perform manhole entry using assigned equipment and safety devices
• Perform work in all weather conditions, during normal and after hours.
• The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
• The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
• Employee will respond to emergency call between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
• Weekend work, night work and/or overnight travel as needed