Technical Service Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
Technical Service Representative (Job Number: 212853W-01)
Technical Service Representative for Electronic Inks/Pastes in Auto, Consumer and Telecom and High Frequency Markets
DuPont™ is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont™ offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high performance; including nutrition, electronics, imaging, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
DuPont™ is an innovative leader in advanced, integrated materials for electronic circuits and semiconductor packaging in photovoltaics, consumer electronics, transportation, and high reliability industrial applications. The company is uniquely positioned to address the increasingly more complex performance requirements through a broad corporate technology base spanning polymers, fibers, photopolymers, dispersions, coatings and film making.
We currently have an opening for a Technical Service Representative within Microcircuit Materials (MCM) at our Chestnut Run Plaza site in Wilmington, DE where there are R&D and technical service centers for the Photovoltaic and Advanced Materials (PVAM) business.
MCM is a leading innovator and high-volume supplier of electronic inks and pastes that offers a broad range of printed electronic materials commercially available today. The growing portfolio of DuPont MCM electronic inks is used in many applications, including forming conductive traces, capacitor and resistor elements, and dielectric and encapsulating layers that are compatible with many substrate surfaces including polymer, glass and ceramic.
MCM has over 50 years of experience in the development, manufacture, sale and support of specialized thick film compositions for a variety of electronic applications in the consumer electronics, automotive, photovoltaic, biomedical, military and telecommunications markets.
MCM includes well known industry leading brands such as Green Tape™ Low Temperature Co-Fired Ceramics (LTCC), Intexar™ for stretchable electronics and In-mold Electronic pastes for thermoforming applications.
• The primary responsibility of the Technical Service Representative position is to provide technical support to existing and future LTCC and Ceramic customers by assisting with processing, fabrication issues, product selection, prototype design and fabrication.
• This independent and motivated employee will identify, assess technical opportunities and provide solutions for the customer.
• Work with sales and marketing to identify new growth opportunities, use application development skills to provide proof of concept to future customers.
• The individual needs to be able to define the scientific or technical opportunity or problem, and provide an approach to measure, analyze and provide a solution.
• In addition, responsibilities of the Technical Service Representative position are to develop, demonstrate, and deliver solutions and products for DuPont MCM to strategic accounts, distributors & OEMs.
• Key success factors in this role are the ability to identify customer needs, develop and deliver solutions. This requires the individual to gain a deep understanding of the customer and industry performance requirements, needs and processes as well as the DuPont product and service offerings.
• The role requires the ability to combine knowledge of packaging designs, testing methods, application aptitude, and technical knowledge/resources to define and meet objectives that benefit customers and DuPont.
• The position requires initiative, effective time management and results orientation. The successful candidate needs to have strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team of peers which often includes other functions in DuPont and customer technical personnel.
• The individual needs to have strong documentation skills on test data and results to support the testing one conducts.
We require a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Material Science, Chemistry or Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) with demonstrated practical experience. Experience in LTCC, ceramic or thick film paste for electronics is a plus.
• Formal training engineering (BS) with 1+ years of experience
• Understanding of electrical designs for printed circuit boards, ceramics, components, assembly processes (soldering, wire bonding, flip chip etc.).
• Knowledgeable in design for manufacturability and volume manufacturing implications of design decisions.
• Hands-on experience with processing and testing equipment (Screening printers, drying ovens, firing furnaces, laminators, soldering, Instron’s, etc.).
• Familiarity with common industry standards in electronic packaging (ASTM, IPC, MIL).
• Demonstrate a detail oriented, hands-on and proactive approach to solving tough design challenges while engaging all necessary resources to keep tasks on track and meet deliverables.
• Understanding of the considerations for electronic packaging solutions for 5G/RF/microwave products (Multi-Chip Modules, Hybrids, etc.) intended for high reliability and harsh environmental applications is a plus.
• Must be US personnel (Green Card holder or US Citizen) due to ITARs requirements.
• Project management and/or Six Sigma methodology experience
• Previous experience working with Marketing/Sales and Customer interactions – Sales support, VOC
• Reliability engineering experience (reliability testing, data analysis, failure analysis, vibration and shock testing)
• Strong data analysis, summarizing, and presentation skills. Successful candidate will be expected to provide product and processing training to small and large audiences
• Hands-on approach to problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Organization: Non Core
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.