Global Shelter Solutions Supply Chain Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
Global Shelter Solutions Supply Chain Leader (Job Number: 212863W-01)
The Supply Chain Leader partners with the Shelter Solutions business team to incorporate the overall business strategy into the direction for the supply chain organization. This role is accountable for integrating business, corporate, and functional improvement strategies into executable Supply Chain action plans and following through on the completion of those action plans. The role leads the organization in the translation of business, region, product and/or asset plans into strategic Supply Chain plans covering the key steps of: plan, source, make and deliver. Additionally, the incumbent will lead Supply Chain strategy and execution alignment and prioritization across Integrated Operations. The role drives End to End Supply Chain Performance to deliver competitive advantage for the business and leads in a manner that is open and transparent, constructive, collaborative and responsive to the business and integrated functions. The Supply Chain Leader is a champion for change, seeking opportunities for innovative approaches to address problems and opportunities and partners with Sourcing and Logistics functions to ensure holistic improvement in customer service levels.
The supply chain leader manages an extensive global supply network globally across both internal and external manufacturing for Corian® Design (Solid Surface and Quartz) and Performance Building Solutions (Styrofoam™, Thermax™, GREAT STUFF™, Froth-Pak™ and Tyvek® Building Envelopes). The Shelter Solutions business currently has fourteen internal manufacturing sites.
Note: travel may be up to 25% for this position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Advancing Core Values:
• Leads identification and prioritization of risk reduction opportunities, establishes clear priorities and supports effective resourcing to drive improvement in the core values of:
o Safety and Health,
o Respect for People,
o Highest Ethical Behavior, and
o Protect the Planet.
• Champion core value improvements across the global Supply Chain organization
Strategic Planning & Execution
• Leads Supply Chain strategy development, execution alignment and prioritization across business, Supply Chain and Operations
• Identifies and anticipates gaps in long term capacity and competitiveness and develops prioritized options for gap closure. Develops and maintains focused, insightful assessments of competitive position for key supply chains.
• Establishes key performance indicators and communication processes aligned with integrated operations vision, deliverables, business priorities, and global competitive benchmarking.
• Manages the intersection of supply chain functional issues and opportunities with operations plans and actions.
• Active partner in setting business strategy and priorities.
• Champions customer focus and service within integrated operations
• Ensures smooth functioning of end-to-end supply chains through effective resourcing, planning processes, and business integration.
• Leads value capture from business transformation and projects via implementation and continuous improvement of product wheels, analytical inventory targets, postponement, tool usage, etc.
• Drives adherence to and implements improvements to business rules/policies.
• Champions, sponsors, and guides effective prioritization and execution of improvement projects.
• Identifies strategic and tactical options to 1) enhance Supply Chain performance, flexibility, reliability, quality and competitive advantage and 2) reduce risk.
• Guides the creation of effective new supply chains and product launch processes, integrated with new product development priorities.
• Leads robust processes for development and deployment of critical skills in global supply chain, ensures proficiency in ERP business planning via appropriate tools and processes.
• Active partner and contributor to capability development processes in manufacturing, technology, and EH&S, including leveraging strengths and addressing gaps.
• Establishes and guides performance partnership standards across all supply chains.
• To drive effectiveness and efficiency, champions and/or supports standard work roles in supply chain (Global and Regional Supply Chain Managers, Master Planners, Master Schedulers, Contract Manufacturing Managers).
• Leads global communication processes to connect each site and ops role with business objectives, priorities, and progress as it relates to the Supply Chain.
• Leads and executes communications that integrate Operations performance tracking and opportunity development into the business strategy and managing process.
• Leads the Supply step of our Integrated Business Planning process.
Technology and Improvement:
• Champions improvement culture, including tools and processes that accelerate improvement.
• Accountable for delivering productivity in the supply chains, utilizing best practices and appropriate metrics to increase visibility and impact of projects
• Actively guides Integrated Operations priorities, leverage and capability development to achieve business objectives and targeted competitive position. Updates and processes industry benchmarks to ensure competitiveness of supply networks.
• Works with our Six Sigma organization to drive continuous improvement across the End to End Supply Chain.
• BS Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related technical field
• Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant Supply Chain experience
• Minimum of 5-10 years plant operations experience including success in Leadership, preferably line management roles.
• Continuous improvement experience or certification (Six Sigma or Lean for example)
• Proficient with SAP (APO, R3)
• APICS CSCP or CPIM Certification
• Enterprise with Business Warehouse / reporting experience
• Change Management background /experience especially business transformation and strategic projects.
• Experience in multiple business units and functions (Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, Project Leadership, Sourcing, Logistics, etc.).
• Prior business role (market facing); preferred (like Product Mgr, Quality, Sales).
• Self-driven, highly organized and adaptable, hands-on, flourishes in a high-growth/fast-paced environment, knows how to inspire and motivate others, and can establish effective processes and controls.
• Networker with strong influencing skills and the capability to earn broad-based credibility with internal and external shareholders
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Organization: Safety & Construction
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.