Associate Production Supervisor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Frederica, DE 19946
ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, ILC has provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. We provide:
• Bulk Packaging and Processing Systems to the food, chemical, and personal care markets.
• Powder Containment and Processing Systems to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical markets
• Respiratory Protection Equipment and Environmental Safety Solutions to the industrial, pharmaceutical, and healthcare markets
• Rapidly Deployable Flood Protection Systems to the commercial and municipal markets
• Advanced Space Suits and Space Inflatables to the space market
• Airships, Aerostats and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to the aerospace market
Associate Production Supervisors are responsible for the day-to-day running of production processes in their product line/ business unit. The main duties of a supervisor would include: planning and organizing staff tasks and shift quotas. reporting plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians and adherence to all safety and administrative requirements.
• Supervise the work of assemblers in a production environment
• Ensure that assembly occurs on schedule and according to established quality standards
• Create and maintain work schedules
• Ensure adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Coordinates and leads daily team activities; may spend a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise
• Assist with management decisions and activities
• Ensure adherence to all safety standards
• May contribute to hiring, firing and performance decisions
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Must be able to access shared database with government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
• Associate degree in business, management, or related field is preferred and at least 6 years in the manufacturing environment
• At least one year of leadership, mentorship, or team lead experience required
• Must be able to work any shift including off-shifts and weekends
• Must be proficient with Microsoft products, e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Must have experience working with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams and external customers
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran