Roof Truss Builder
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19702
Truss Builder Job Description
- reports directly to Shop Supervisor/Foreman
Job purpose: The truss builder is responsible for setup, assembly & quality control of truss fabrication.
Duties and Responsibilities -
* Ensure all trusses are built in accordance with shop drawings.
* Ensure jigging is properly set, material is laid out & plates are pulled for each set up.
* Ensure quality of components meet company standards.
* Maintain high production man hours.
* Troubleshoot any build issues before alerting Table Leader/Shop Supervisor.
* Standing up & banding truss packs.
* Cleanliness of entire truss table area including inside & outside rollers, plate area & both presses.
* Any other assigned duties by Table Leader/Shop Supervisor.
* Must be able to use basic hand tools.
* Forklift training (will be provided).
* High School Graduate (preferred but not required).
* Reliable transportation.
* Excellent attendence.
* This position requires working in outside/near outside conditions year round. Proper attire for cold & heat will be needed.
* Must be able to stand, kneel & bend for extended periods of time with a few breaks.
* Must be able to lift, pull, push or move up to 50lbs without assistance.
* Must be able to repetitively use hand tools, equipment & handle the lumber.
this job description may be updated, reviewed &/or changed without notice at anytime in accordance with business practices & the needs of the company. Rev 1/16