Director of Donated Goods Retail
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19802
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF DELAWARE & DELAWARE COUNTY, INC
POSITION TITLE: Director of Donated Goods Retail
DEPARTMENT: Donated Goods Retail (DGR)
PAY LEVEL: Level 7
POSITION REPORTS TO: President/CEO
POSITION (S) SUPERVISED: District Manager(s), E-Commerce Manager, Operations & Logistics Manager, Administrative Coordinator
TEAM MEMBERSHIP: EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP QUALITY MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
The Director of Donated Goods is responsible for leading DGR business operations that yield revenue generation for retail, secondary sales, e-commerce and sustainability programs. The Director of Donated Goods will supervise all aspects of the DGR business operations and build external relationships, including the development and implementation of effective business strategies that ensure business profitability. This includes implementing best practices/processes across the foot print of the DGR organization to exceed established goals. The position is a member of the Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Safety is priority number one. This position is responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe working environment for all team members, ensuring adherence to and compliance with all state, federal and/or local regulatory safety requirements as it relates to all donated goods business operations.
- Provide leadership, strategy and oversight to all aspects of the organizations primary social enterprise.
- Responsible for the implementation of strategies for sales, marketing and the overall promotion of donated goods retail.
- Responsible for the daily operations and top and bottom line performance of all revenue generating business operations including the retail stores, outlet stores, donation centers, recycling center, warehouses and transportation.
Responsible for increases to efficiencies in processing, sales, waste handling, and sustainability programs
Prepare on an annual basis an annual plan and budget for donated goods and retail program, recycling and transportation. Accountable for, monitoring and achieving the financial and operational aspects of the annual plan and budget.
- Maintain appropriate operational business metrics that validate all donated goods goals and objectives.
- Implement effective strategies for the monetization of donated goods in collaboration with Goodwills overall operational goals.
- Demonstrate leadership by holding all team members accountable for established best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for staffing, training, customer service, process improvement(s), communications and safety.
- Coordinate the development of goals and objectives and monitor progress towards achieving goals.
- Ensure security procedures are in place to minimize internal and external shrinkage and provide maximum security and protection of company assets.
Perform and/or oversee all necessary personnel functions of supervised staff as determined by company policies and procedures in a timely manner. These functions include: training & development, scheduling, performance improvement process, evaluations and record keeping.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, accuracy, and a professional work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in industry, business or sales related field plus a minimum of ten years related experience. Must have an intermediate knowledge level of digital skills.
Must be a self-starter that will lead the agency in providing top quality services, and development of new programs. Must have excellent collaboration skills. Must have excellent communication skills and the abilities to work in a diverse and, rapidly changing environment. Must have strong problem solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Must have strong agility skills and be capable of leading cultural and operational change. The individual will be an active member of the Leadership Team requiring bi-weekly meetings with Leadership in an effort to support a highly functional organization while positioning the organization for future innovation and growth.
The work environment characteristics are representative of administrative employees who function in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as deemed appropriate.
Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Goodwill Industries of Delaware and Delaware County, Inc. maintains its status as an at-will employer.
________________________________ __________________________________ ______________
Employee Name (Printed) Employee Signature Date